Sunday, 9 May 2010

The final countdown


It's just a week to go now to the Manchester 10k run that Di and I have signed up for. We're both supporting the MS Society and so far I've raised over £200 in sponsorship.

But I've been resting up for the last couple of weeks following a rather bizaare heel and ankle strain that I put down to just getting used to a new pair of running shoes - shoes I bought because I thought they would cushion the impact and save my knee ... which has been just fine BTW!

I've spent most of the last two weeks limping around the office following a rather vigourous 10k session that got me a time just under the hour.... limping which attracted an interesting comment from one of the girls who asked if I had fallen off my stilletos... 'course one just had to reply with 'stilletos would probably feel a lot more comfier than these shoes'!

..... which actually isn't far from the truth; strangely I found that I could walk with no discomfort what so ever whilst I was wearing 4 inch heels; put on a pair of flats and the result was agony.

So I'm hoping my heel and ankle will have recovered sufficiently for the big day; I tried the new running shoes again a couple of days ago and ended up with some mild discomfort - and that was running a distance of just over 6km. So it looks like a couple of pain killers and a glass of the good stuff will be order of the day.....!

2 comments:

Tawny Karen said...

I hope you'll be ok and well done with the sponsorship.
I wish I could be there to cheer you both on.
All the best and good luck.

x

Emma Walkey said...

Kate, count me in for a tenner

Emma xx