
.... that is the question.
Mrs Kate posted in her blog that she felt rather drab when we went to Teelas; I tried to achieve the smart-but-casual look only to completely fail and end up feeling a bit frumpy; reader, I'm sorry to report that my ever wavering middle-aged spread was... erm... well.... 'spreading'. That nice new linen blouse I bought from New Look wasn't very flattering, most certainly one or two buttons were a little stressed to say the least! But this lead to a challenge by Mrs Kate, to dress a little more daring when we planned to be out to Manchester Concorde on Wednesday.
So with the challenge well and truly accepted, I spent Tuesday evening going through my limited but growing wardrobe collection - I did try the couple of mini-skirts that appear in my Sparkle pics, but as Kay says in reference to 'feline' pelmets, this girl wasn't going to have her knickers on show to everyone. So there was no option but to take advantage of a brief shopping opportunity on Wednesday, and do a minor raid at TK-Max, M&S, BHS, Debenhams... and the list could go on but I had a meeting to go to.... a girl still has to work to afford these little luxuries!
In the 30 minutes I had to shop (that just isn't long enough is it!"), I found a couple of nice skirts in TK-Max, one that really caught my attention was a mix of animal and foliage print in browns and greens, with the length just right (not too short and not too long!). Together with my zebra-print top, flowery-type fishnet tights and my new shoes from New Look finished off the outfit just purrrfectly! Picture appears here courtesy of Mrs Kate who is becoming quite proficient in omitting folks heads!
So we went to Manchester Concorde, met up with Karen and Diana; and a fine time listening to Marianne and others play for us before we went to Naps for a bit of a boogie. Of course Mrs Kate still managed to upstage us all by squeezing her curvy figure into a lovely tiger print dress she found in Peacocks and dancing us all to exhaustion.
And another fine evening that words can't really begin to describe, good company, good conversation.... thank you girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment