Narnia has come to our little part of the world; this picture I actually took just before Christmas, the difference between then and now is that fresh snow fell yesterday taking it to around 7 - 8 inches deep. For some of you out there you might think this is relatively little compared to where you might be, but we measure weather as a comparison like this: if it's bad here, it is really really bad else where around us. This is because our little part of the world has a micro-climate, being in the Mersey basin we rarely get snow to this extent, it usually falls as rain.It also means not many folk have gone to work for the last couple of days and yesterday, they shut the Trafford Centre at 4pm - not that we could get there anyway....
On the other hand, I can watch it all from the warmth and comfort of my boudoir, but mostly because I have a really stinking cold which bizarrely has made my right index finger go numb and tingly (or was that due to the ice in my drink during New Years celebrations?!). I hate being ill, it makes me really grumpy... especially if it stops me going out to play!

No comments:
Post a Comment