Having experienced a rather ungodly hour to set off early for a meeting in Birmingham, I just felt I needed to treat myself to a new pair of shoes.I was actually looking for some red or blue ankle boots to go with my new outfit when these delightful little pair caught my eye. The little silver round thing next to heel in the right of the picture is actually a 20 pence piece; these little babies have 5.5 inch heels!
They were just perfect for the Halloween evening and even allowed me to attempt some participation in the unofficial tallest trannie competition that so often takes place in Naps (sorry no contest, I didn't even make the first round).
Halloween in the Village
Plenty of weird outfits and I distinctly felt under-dressed and 'normal' - or should that be 'different' since 'normal' no longer has a definition and has been sent to it's closet. We were all dressed as 'ourselves' and everyone else was weird for a change... no sorry... this is way too confusing, a bit like trying to describe wierd as normal and as a result of being different, being normal itself becomes ... erm... weird. I'm confused are you confused too? ....
Well, Eden was fairly nice, but we dared to venture into Spirit where the music was just too damn loud (I still couldn't hear properly 24 hours later). I can usually 'do' loud music... but this just gave me a headache; the bass level was just short of brain damage level.
We went to Naps - just Mrs Kate and I (the others promised to follow-on shortly), some where it would be a little quieter and perhaps better music. Music was not brilliant and I did find it a little bizarre standing down stairs talking to a couple of gay guys whilst Duran Durans 'Wild Boys' music video was droning on in the background. Mrs Kate expressed her sentiments and to this end with a 'shall we go home'.... well I wanted to carry on dancing, but the crap music and the dancing zombies was a bit ... well... too weird.
As for the shoes... I surprised myself, I managed the whole evening without any pain (well... ok... perhaps just a tiny, teeny bit).... and the only scary bit was negotiating the sloping pavements over the canal... in those heels it felt like I was about to do an 'Eddie the Eagle' and try out for 'Ski Sunday'!

2 comments:
Hi Kate,
shoes like that its all about balance.Halloween is weird now since when was it an excuse to wear fancy dress
Hi Kate,
I take it you don't suffer from vertigo?
Post a Comment