You would think they would be grateful for a release from the wardrobe, but no!... these, my 2nd pair of shoes that I ever bought turned nasty on me, giving me two large blisters and rubbing the skin off one of my little toes. And it was their second outing ever too; the first time out a couple of weeks ago they were Ok but perhaps they didn't take too kindly to being stood on by some girl in Naps whilst we were dancing.Mind you, I didn't take too kindly to being stood on, it really really hurt. The evidence came out a couple of days later, a big square heel shape bruise on my big toe. And the girl never apologised or anything - I hate that... but Dianas daughter managed to get an elbow in for me!.
But why did these innocent looking shoes bite back?.... well it might be due to the fact that I've had them for a little over 2 years and as they felt all weird and tight I never actually wore them. I've had them in a pair of shoe stretchers for 6 months..... ugh oh!.... that's what it is! they didn't take too kindly to that and got their revenge whilst I was dong some mad dancing with Karen in Naps on Saturday.
But on the upside... Saturday was brilliant! Met Karen early afternoon and did a bit of shopping. Bought a smaller pair of jeans (down to size 14 now!) and a long knitted top - something warm for the winter. I couldn't decide between the green or the blue top; green won out in the end as I have quite a lot of blue in my wardrobe! There weren't any size 16's left, only 14's and 18's. As the top is quite baggy, I thought I would risk a 14.... which as it turned out was a perfect fit. Good job I didn't go for the 18, I might have once been that size and 16 is a safer bet, but since I lost a little weight (Ok I've lost a lot!) I might be more of a straight up-down 14 with a reasonable waistline in the middle now!.
Thanks Karen - I had a brilliant time.

2 comments:
Glad you had a good time hun,
And the Weight Loss ,way to go girl x
I had a great time as well. I have only just seen this post. It was a fantastic day. Sorry to hear about your feet.
Post a Comment