Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Lucky 13 (for a change)

I did it! I did it! I did it!
I've reached (below) my target weight of 13 stone (182 lbs). I was rather surprised to find myself to be exactly 13 stone on 3 consecutive days in the run-up to, and over the weekend. Today, I weighed in at 12 stone, 13 and 3/8 pounds (181.375 lbs) which means it's still on the way down... yay! (check out the picture - taken 4 days ago).

But was this a realistic target,?... was it too easy?.... are you kidding!!!! only last week I was getting disheartened at the lack of any real progress and suddenly (woof!) it started dropping off again as I smashed through the imaginary wall. A little over 12 months ago, I was at 14.5 stone (beached whale); now I've reached my first target. Back then I sometimes couldn't sleep 'cos I felt so uncomfortable (big fat tummy!), and I was getting out of breath just walking up stairs. And hot days.... better that we don't go there!.

But back to 'if this is a real target'... hmmm yes! I think quite often we set ourselves something that is quite unrealistic to achieve in what we want to do. Sure, it's good to have dreams, but we must have a plan that is realistically achievable with milestones that give us those little wins to keep us amused and satisfied that we're making progress. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day....

So what IS my actual target; well, as a dream... to get beyond my recommended best... something to do with being the right-weight-for-my-height sort of thing. Casting my mind back to when that was last described to me ... I would just love to be better than 12 stone... but I know that isn't achievable in one go so my next target is 12.5 (175 lbs). As long as it keeps going the way it has over the last week, I'm certain I'll make it, but still with one eye on the real trophy - 12 stone or less!

There's only one drawback with losing weight though, I'll need a new wardrobe - I only discovered on Friday that my favourite white jeans needed an extra hole in the belt ... much to Mrs Kates disgust!.

2 comments:

chrissieB said...

Well done, Kate!!!

Yes, you've hit on the drawback....

But it's a good excuse to buy more clothes, and now dsigns that you put off because they didn't hang well, will work... !

Hugs
chrissie
xxxx

Emma said...

Wow, congratulations. As Chrissie says, it's a great excuse for a bloody big shopping trip.

Love Emma x x x