... nothing for ages and two come all at once. I've been trying to lose weight; there was some promising activity during the initial stage of my 'market research' but I've since kind of hit a wall - I can't seem to make it below 13 stone, with my weight sort of moving up and down by a couple of pounds around the 13.25 mark.
I'm trying really hard not to snack or have such indulgences whilst out (although I do have a weakness for chocolate Salvas in Velvet!); I've even been sticking to 'just soup' for lunch in the works canteen. So I've tried cycling to work for the last couple of weeks; an impressive 'round trip of about 15 miles, come rain or shine.
Apparently I seem to be gaining weight in leg-muscle whilst losing a little off my waist. Net result - no change!
But let me tell you about the lunatics us cyclists have to endure...
Drivers that don't give you enough room - especially 'white van man', one of whom got 'the' bang on the side of his van as a result - getting one of those off a cyclist means you're marked for life; a black spot that Blind Pugh would be proud of.
Taxi drivers who get offered guidance about perhaps signaling left before coming to a stop in front of you; that one is also associated with 'I-can-just-overtake-you-and-turn-left driver' who often receives very exceptional guidance from a cyclist.... I really live for those (NOT!).
Some dog owners don't escape special advice - especially those that like 'Rover' to have the freedom of running around the designated cycleway... I'm quite pleasant in that I ask them to 'Please put it on a lead' as Rover tries to feast on my rear wheel.
But my all time favourite is 'Mum on a mission'; she really couldn't give a flying fig about other road users let alone cyclists. 'Mum on a mission' can often be found outside schools, blocking other road users whilst they're dropping off little dorrit, opening doors in front of cyclists, pulling off without signaling whilst you're passing them.... and the list goes on; suffice to say they're worse than 'white van man'.
Ok I'll stop now... grumpy old woman mode off.

No comments:
Post a Comment