I've discovered that our spotty-dog machine has been telling me porkies; now I know why it was going cheap on the telly-shopping channel.It seems that some technician in a far-away land got all confused between miles and kilometres when he programmed the counter on the cross-trainer. So instead of registering the industry agreed circa of 100 calories per mile, it's only registering about about 58 which coincidentally just happens to work out to be about what the average person burns off per kilometre at a brisk walking pace. Also it seems that in 2006, these cross-trainers were recalled in the States, but ours wasn't supplied with the offending parts that apparently can break off if you try breaking into a (un)healthy sprint.
So as a result, tonight's figures look like this :-
Duration: a little over an hour
Calories burned off: 440.2
Distance covered: 4.7 miles
Total distance covered since New Year: not quite enough to get to Southport and back.
Forward look
Karen is coming down again next week; it will be great to see her. Di has invited me to join her and Karen with some outline plan to go to Liverpool for the day - I don't want to risk driving there and the thought of the train is a little daunting to say the least. Decisions, decisions..... I can't make my mind up about which would be the lesser of two evils; if I go by train I should at least have the benefit of being eligible to receive the tranny-by-train merit badge!

4 comments:
Kate
am out and about Tuesday afternoon after visiting Teela's in the morning to sort out all my wardrobe and passing on / binning my size 24 clothes from last year.
I was intending to spend a few hours around Cheshire Oaks - if you fancy that let me know, it would be great meeting up with Karen again
Love Emma xxx
Hi Kate,
Sounds like your doing fine with the spotty dog.
It will be great to see you as well. I had a fantastic time last time down You also get extra credit if you have a horrible coffee from the trolley on the train.
I only take the train because I don't drive and I love getting out in different places. I can understand your reservations.
Emma, if you read this it would be great to see you again as well.
This is a very confusing post. You're just trying to outdo me aren't you ?
xxx
Emma - regretfully stuck at work on Tuesday :-(
Karen - points make prizes!
Di - Yes! most certainly!
;-)
Post a Comment