Today is the anniversary of when I came out to Mrs Kate, an event which at the time was as difficult for me as the day we got married and the days since have been just as comfortable, accepting and happy. Thank you my love for being so supportive, and not just for me, but for the new girl-friends we've made... being accepted by a real girl is the validation any t-girl wishes for.
Ok enough of the slushy stuff! - I write this towards the end of the first coming-out-anniversary and how did I celebrate it? - well, having to work for starters... but taking some comfort in a little shopping between trains in Birmingham. I bought a blue satin top and black skirt; the skirt was the sort that has very little in the way of elastic in the waistband so I thought it better to select a slightly larger size so it fits more comfortable - when I got it home I was rather surprised to find that it was way too big for me!... and it falling around my ankles; at this rate it might have to be a size 14 (I'm still around a size 16... or at least I used to be!). Oh well, will have to see if we can exchange it at a local branch or wait until the next visit to Brum.
Saturday
Last Saturday we did a very late excursion to the Village to meet up with one of our special girl-friends Karen and the 'gang'; we arrived at Naps for about 11pm - straight from home, which felt a bit strange to say the least - to be going out around the time we're usually preparing to retire for the night. Whilst it was brilliant to see Karen and the others from our little 'gang', much has been said in Mrs Kate's blog about that - read that for the details ... but I just want to mention the situation prior the arrival of girls, with a certain pushy guy who seemed to take more than acceptable interest in Mrs Kate. 'D' has stated that I gave him 'daggers', looking at him as he attempted to put his arm around her waist.... to be honest I was rather bemused by the brass-neck of this guy; more from a perspective of how Mrs Kate might deal with him? - it was obvious we (Mrs Kate & I) were 'together'... but he clearly missed the bleedin' obvious (typical male - that doesn't sound too sexist does it?!)... thinking about it, I'm seeing it all from the other side of the fence; two girls out without the protection of an alpha-male?
'D' handled it reasonably well although I sensed she wasn't as confident as she makes out since she was in relatively unfamiliar territory; but the guy fortunately got the hint without the liberal application of a left-handed slap across the face!
And that excursion was the latest ever we've been out... hmmm!... it was heading towards 5am before my head hit the pillow.
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Kate,
The first anniversary, well I'm glad it's worked out for you both. One reason from a selfish point of view is if it hadn't I would never have met you both.
Simply you're both a wonderful couple I don't want to get slushy,so I'll just say thanks.
Love
Karen xxx
Perhaps the laughing Spaniard had seen Mrs Kates antics of the previous week and was just trying to stabilise her situation ?
love
hugs
kisses
on your anniversary
Di
xxx
Post a Comment