Two outings this month and both fairly close together; the trouble with that is it leaves you wishing you could have more or at least spread them out a bit. With the lighter evenings approaching I wonder if any further outings are going to be possible; the limitation is not really down to being seen in daylight - well, perhaps a bit, but about leaving the house dressed without being seen. I don't really want to get into arriving at any destination in 'Bob' attire, I want to do a proper job of it all and be Kate the moment I leave home. I'll just have see what half-way opportunities avail themselves in due course.
Outings - I mean as Kate (my partner and I have plenty of other outings!); A lovely meal in Manchesters Chinatown with new friends, and the regular monthly 'Tea with Teela' at Trans-Pose.
For this months Northern angels meal, Lisa had arranged for a meal in Manchesters Chinatown which is a short walk from the sanctuary of the Village - for me it was my first outing into the ever-more-real world, and this time I was only shaking from the cold; no nerves! There were 7 of us including myself; Lisa, Becky, Gisele, Kathryn, Kay, and Linzi. The restaurant was below street level and as we descended into it, quite a number of faces all turned to watch us being escorted to the bar area to await the preparation of our table. But I guess safety in numbers prevails here and even after a few minutes, no further interest was made by the other patrons. Of course we still got the odd glance in the direction of our table throughout the evening - 'just making sure', but no one had any issues with us and an evening with new friends and good company proceeded.
I think you have to accept you will always be 'read', as long as you treat others with respect you shouldn't get any hassle off them and indeed it's a case of 'so what', we're all the same underneath aren't we? - we all just want to be accepted for who we are.
The other outing, coming a few days after the visit to Manchester was to 'Tea with Teela'; Teela had done a lot more to 'the shed', the best I must say was to create a lower ceiling with a light fabric material; apart from obscuring the inside face of the shed roof, it had the practicality of keeping the heat at our level. With the work recently completed in the make-up and dressing area, it all now looks the part. A couple of new girls came along which made me feel at least one of the old hands now; I didn't catch both their names but I think one was Mandy? I also had the opportunity to briefly chat to Nicki Susanti who to say the least has had quite an eventful 12 months; despite this Nicki seems quite upbeat and indeed I had to tell her that I admired her for what she was doing with her life, not as a form of jealousy or anything, but admiration for the courage in doing something about improving ones lot.
And finally for this month; ok! so I acquired a few more outfits, the sales were still on-going and like most girls, I can't resist a bargain! I think if finances were limitless, between us (both my wife and I) we might have cleared out Lakeland in the Trafford Centre. So what!, one skirt IS a bit tight, it's a small 16 so I'll have to lose some weight! In regards to that, I've bet my wife I can achieve less than a size 16 by Spring..... not that I need any financial reward, I just NEED to lose that tummy .... but with chocolate easter eggs in the next few weeks and Spring only around the corner, can I do it?
Saturday, 1 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment