Wednesday, 6 February 2008

Back to reality

Ok so a little late, but as the title suggests, back to work and I tried ever so hard not to get into the 'head down' and 'nose to the grind stone' work ethic; but doesn't having to work for a living really suck?

If being depressed at having to be back in work was bad enough, my first day after the Christmas break was also punctuated by some dopey girl running into the back of my car - thanks!, something else for me to sort out. Although she was very sorry indeed, she clearly balked when I gave her the estimated cost to put it all right again; guess she'll be losing her no claims bonus.

So what have I been upto? - a nice meal in the Village organised by Lisa Karen.... oh, and that was my first outing alone too; curious really?, as I sit and write this I don't feel it was such a big deal. I wore the new outfit my wife and I had bought the weekend before in Southport (long purple velvet and satin skirt and matching top) I walked on my own from the car-park to Canal St and found Kay Denise in Taurus bar as arranged. After a drink and some friendly chat, we both made our way to meet the others at AXM and onto Eden resturant. Teela also joined us for the evening as too Astrid and her partner and of course Lisa - my first opportunity to meet our hostess. Quite a number of the girls dropped out at the last minute, so our promised number of 10 was actually 6 by the time we sat down to eat.

After the meal we called into the Rembrandt to pay our respects to 'legs' Mary and the girls of Northern Concorde. The Rembrandt is a new venue for the group, by all accounts history repeating since many years ago the group used to meet there. The room above the main bar was lovely, with a sort of conservatory feature along one side that overhangs Canal St. and with the windows at the same height as all the little blue twinkly lights in the trees outside.

Late January and Teela celebrated her first 12 months in business with Trans-Pose. I wore my strapless black dress which by some sheer miracle managed to stay in place for the whole evening. Many girls turned out to help Teela with the celebrations - too many to remember all the names.

No comments: