Dear Diary, why do you look so neglected? could it be I've haven't posted anything to you for over a month now....
Quite often I find myself thinking about some of the little gems of our T-life as I stare out of the commuter train window that occassionally takes me to far away exotic places like Birmingham; only to forget about them when the opportunity arises to post them on here.
Life is far from boring and the pressures of work are just the same as they were over Winter when I was quite depressed about them, but I just feel I'm coping better with those; but I've already seen some of the questions on the company stress survey due out in the next week or so - I have a feeling my matter-of-fact responses to those will only set the alarm bells ringing. But I'm resolved with a determination that I won't ever 'come out' to any of my work colleagues; sensitive as we often are to picking up on any small references to the LGBT world, there are one or two in the team that I feel will be uncomfortable .... not to mention the issues of whether the masses in the organisation would ever take me seriously again!
My closest of friends and Mrs Kate know of personal thoughts on my T-self; for everyone else it's simpler to say that I think I've found most of the pieces of the big picture that represents my life and life is pretty full, relaxed and good - although I am a little dissappointed that I hardly have the time (or perhaps the patience) to get around everyone elses blogs - sorry girls!
So what have we been upto? - I also find a little dissappointment in that we haven't been getting out as much this year, although a trip out on a recent Saturday evening made me chuckle a bit when we were kind of refused entry to a 'girls only' event that was taking place at Eden - translate this to being actually a Lesbian-only event and they were charging the 'non-girls' £3.50 entry - including Mrs Kate. I guess it's the flip-side of the coin where non t-girls are charged entry to get into Naps; so a sort of balance is brought to the Kharma in all things.
And let us not overlook Sparkle.... yeah, another year; sure, I enjoyed it but don't missunderstand me by the fact I'm not writing or raving about it much here; Mrs Kates 5 part blog-essay says it all - I would only contribute to the growing blog-litter that is being posted about it!
Oh okay so here's my small contribution..... seemed like there were more folks there this year but I wore my feet sore dancing in Naps on Friday night (which only confirms Di's observation that when I dance, I really go for it!). Which meant Saturday night my feet were too sore to do any dancing and I was too tired from being out late the night before - which was just as well since it was very crowded where ever we went; so we were back at the Atrium for around midnight. I found I had a flare for giving out leaflets for Teela on Saturday afternoon; and she kindly had t-shirts made for us with our pictures on with the caption 'Teelas Angels' - which was kind of nice.
But there are possibly two mental pictures from the event I doubt I will never forget :-
(1) Saturday evening - the (real) girl with a spikey collar being lead past Naps on a lead who bid us 'evening all' as she passed us by.
(2) 'Those shorts' worn by Emma. Mrs Emma said she'll forward the details of good therapist should we need it!
Some pictures appear to the right of this page, replacing last years. Other than that, take care dear diary, girls and friends alike.
Thursday, 16 July 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm going to drag you out screaming onto that dance floor when I see you again gurl. Just off to post some more blog litter .......
Di
xxx
Post a Comment