On Wednesday I was out without Mrs Kate as she was still suffering the influences of piggin' cold. But a business meeting I had in Birmingham ran a little longer than anticipated and I ended up missing the earlier train back home; the result of this was quite a rushed exercise in throwing ones face on before dashing out to the monthly Northern Angels get-together.
This months gathering was much smaller in number than of recent; just the 6 of us with Emma W, Emma J, Tina, Mandy, Marlene and myself (Tina's t'other half joined us later); but such a small group meant we could share girly stories which is often limited with a large group. On the way over to Villagios, I was leading the way whilst talking to our new girl Marlene; as we crossed over the bridge and turned the corner into Canal St. this guy in approaching us was clearly giving some attention to one of the girls in our group. As he passed Marlene and myself he circled around behind the group focusing his attention on Emma J, who had chosen to wear a rather short skirt - or perhaps it was just a wide belt?. Sensing his attention in Emma might be unwelcome I prepared to intervene, although I didn't quite catch what he said to Emma, his intentions appeared harmless enough and fortunately he didn't follow us into the restaurant
After Villagios we went on to the Manchester Concorde at the Rem, arriving just in time for the raffle. After a quick drink and a chat with Mary and the others it was onto ... Naps - where else!.
On the way over to Naps we were greeted in the street by a couple of girls who rather drunkenly attempted to serenade us - I've no idea what they were cat-a-walling but I'm certain the X-Factor judges would have given the 'urgh-uh' quickly enough. The cat-a-walling gave way to inquisitive calls to 'can we feel your boobs - are they real?' ... I offered as long as I could do the same, but they didn't seem as obliging.
And in Naps.... perhaps it was having drunk so much coke, perhaps it was being allowed out on my own? ... but the music was reasonable for a change and I danced right through until just turned 1am when I/we all went down the basement for a cool-down, a drink, a bit of chat and so on. It was just before 2am when I left; I figured with getting to the car-park a little later than usual that might avoid being stuffed with the full £8 car park charge - wrong!
When I got home, I followed the sad ritual of returning back to 'him', but seemed to have a bit of difficulty in trying to remove the mascara; using the usual makeup remover failed to reveal the familiar black mixed with foundation when a wiped around my eyes - how could this be? ... I checked the mirror, only to realise that in my rush to get out I'd forgotten to put on any mascara.
Sunday, 17 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As the guy was mumbling his attentions to Emma, I had dropped back and was running "interference" just in case.
Emma xxx
Oh Kate how could you forget.
Sounds like you had a great night.
xx
Post a Comment