
New Years Eve; well..... actually that was about 10 days ago. But I'm not going to bore myself with writing about the festivities - except to say that in over the whole 2 week break from work, we only got out on New Years Eve; had loadsa fun with our favourite girlie's at our usual spot in the Village. This in itself is a little unusual for us, such is the turn of events in our social life over the last 12 months; previous NYE's would have found us at home, even being tucked up in bed by midnight one year!
But hey!.... check out that cleavage as we party-on!
But my daily reality is a little more removed from that of our social engagements; in the run-up to the xmas break, it was like as if I had to hold my breath trying to hold out until the xmas break arrived; for an opportunity of a little light relief from work. It was around the weekend between xmas and new year when I stopped feeling weepy - why does that happen?; by the time NYE was over with I was starting to think about work (silly cow). Then I suppose it was hardly surprising that by the second day back at work that I 'had it out' with my line manager..... who admitted that I've been under quite a lot of pressure for quite some time now.
It was good to talk the problems over, but it doesn't fix anything..... but I can't carry on like this until I retire.
On a lighter note, the day before I had one of those moments that we often prepare for - just in case.... a colleague noticed my perfectly manicured nails; after all that planning to deliver the manufactured response of 'it's a life style choice' I completely failed and delivered a fudged grunt of appreciation instead.
On the bright side
Resolution No.1: I must lose some weight
Resolution No.2: I must stop being fashionably late
Resolution No.3: Get my eyes tested.
Particularly with regard to the last resolution; that size 18 dress we found in the sales turned out to be a size 10; no amount of weight loss will allow that to fit me. Even Mrs Kate can't understand how the dress magically shrunk between discovering it and getting it home.... it said 18 on the hanger, I swear it said 18 on the label and Mrs Kate said it felt heavy, like it was a size 18!
Perhaps there's no hope for us eh?
A belated 'Happy New Year' to all my girlfriends and welcome readers alike; take care and may all your wishes for come true.

1 comment:
Hi Kate,
Looks like you all had a great time.
I really wish I could have been there. That is a fantastic photo of you. I've always thought you look great.
Sorry to hear about your problems at work. I really hope things improve for you soon. Don't lose that beautiful smile.
Hopefully see you both soon. The year really has not started for me yet. Well doesn't feel like it has.
Take care
Hugs
Karen x
Post a Comment