The title mostly reflects that we've recently added Saturday evening to our visits to Canal St; mostly so Mrs Kate can avoid feeling as guilty for being out to the wee hours on a 'school night'. Not that it really matters much to her; it's poor old Kate that has to bring the bacon home.
The previous Saturday, Diana joined us. We tried to book a table in Velvet, but that's proving difficult due to a recent surge in popularity - I think a subtle mention it got on 'Corrie' has given it a boost (Shaun played by Anthony Cotton managed to slip it into a conversation). So alternatively, we booked a table in Taurus; which is still pretty reasonable but lacks a little of the atmosphere that Velvet has.
Anyway, despite the weather being quite poor (windy and lots of heavy rain), we ventured out, agreeing to meet Diana at AXM. But we found AXM to be not only closed, but well and trully boarded up. So where would we find Diana? - as the weather was quite foul, we made our way poste-haste to Taurus where we planned to call Diana to find where she might be sheltering; as we passed View, she ran out after us. Apparently, the doormen at View had 'looked after' Di - indeed this proved invaluable later as they gave us the VIP treatment and let us in ahead of the poor folk stood outside in the rain.
But despite this special treatment, View was quite busy so we decided to move onto Naps. Naps was not without it's share of problems for the evening; they were late opening the upper dance floor due to mopping up the rain water that had leaked in from the roof. But once sorted, we stayed until the wee hours as we danced to our favourite music.
When it was pumpkin time (actually, it was well beyond midnight!), we rescued our coats from the cloakroom behind the bar; as I was putting mine on, someone groped my bum.... now I'm not particularly used to this but I certainly decided not to react to the attention I got, but I carefully noted the group most likely to be involved ... I'm going back next week to check (honest!).
The following week
Much of the same except Mrs Kate and I were alone; both Di and Lisa couldn't make it. From Taurus (yes!, Velvet was still as popular as ever!) we went onto Naps where the music selected for the evening was even better than before and proved to be more popular with Mrs Kate. We managed to make it as far as about 1:30am (relatively early!) before we decided to retire; I think we were both a little under the weather.
No one groped my bum on the way out (I don't know whether I should feel disappointed!) but a couple of girls sat on the couch near the entrance did indicate their disappointment as we were leaving so early!
Tuesday, 14 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment